Monday, September 8, 2008

What a SCHEDULING MESS!

So tonight I'm googling "Mastectomy Recovery" in a mad ...no, really, the word is INSANE attempt to regain a bit of control over my fall schedule. There's GOT to be a way to SQUEEZE a 3-6 week recovery into 8 days. I'm, honest to God, reading women's discussion board posts to each other about their recoveries thinking if I can find ONE person who had their drainage tubes removed within 5 days and was relatively pain free and MOBILE in the second week... I can make it happen too!!

I'm not finding anyone.

Shit.

I mean, how on EARTH can removing a couple of useless, pathological boobs be harder than a 4th degree tear and a brand new ten pound baby?? I was able to get out and about two days after that.

Sigh.

I know I've got it good. I've got a great, flexible job, great benefits, wonderful colleagues, friends and family.

But, gosh DARNIT -- I had a plan!!!

So -

September 15h

10:30 -- Admission to Overlake Hospital
Noon -- Surgery
5:00 Recovery Room
6:30 Overnight Room

September 16th

11 am Discharged from hospital

No comments: