Tuesday, September 9, 2008

No Nasty BRCA Gene!

My OVARIES have been SAVED!!

(For what, exactly, ...I'm not quite sure.)

But I'm definitely happy for my cousin, sister, mother, daughter and possible grandchildren that my genetic results came back normal.

Is there anything genetic going on? Maybe - maybe not. This test can only look for genetic combinations that we already know are linked to breast cancer.

So, like every other 'normal' person on the earth, the future for my female family members is kind of up in the air.

That's a NICE place to be.

2 comments:

Kerstin said...

Hey, your cousin is happy that your genetic results came back normal, too (not that she's used her ovaries at all)!

Suzy said...

Oh I don't know -- I'm guessing the estrogen they've produced have done you some, uh, good (wink!)