Sunday, September 14, 2008

Their Last Day

So what DOES one do the day before a double mastectomy?

I tortured my whole family by spending $800 on organizing type furniture from IKEA. I had them all building and cleaning and sorting and drilling and hanging and stacking and vacuuming!

Delphine said "Maybe it isn't so fun to go to IKEA after all." (Usually she likes the whole playroom and meatball lunch combo). "It's makes too much work for me afterwards!!"

My day wasn't just filled with high energy housekeeping though. I decided to take my babies for a swim. I really don't think they have any clue. They're going to be totally shocked tomorrow. Especially the left boob. That boob really gets the raw deal -- kind of like the Pharoah's servant being buried with the Pharoah. I really did always like the right boob better.

So Francois thinks they are at least five pounds. I think he's nuts. That's a small baby!!

I'm sure they have to weigh them as part of the pathology labs they run on them. Please take a guess and see how close YOU come to the real, dead weight of these puppies. If you make a comment here and record your guess, you can compete for the 'booby prize'.

If you dare....

2 comments:

SerenaCW said...

My guess is a 1000 grams...that's about 1/3 E's weight at birth...

I'm thinking about you always, but especially today, love you tons,

Serena

Judith said...

I'm guess 2.2 pounds. Thinking about you today and laughing and loving you. This especially helps as I am in California with my Mom and her cancer journey. I loved the 40-40 chance dream!

Judith P