Sunday, September 28, 2008

Feeling MUCH better -- but food still tastes like, well, NOTHING!!

I was NOT ready to give up that incredible post-op sense of taste. AND -- I think the antibiotics that last a long time are the ones that are affecting my taste and appetite.



Good news!



Left side yesterday: 30 ml!!! And I'm getting even less today.



Right side: 90 ml -- and today is looking lighter as well.

Today:

Left side: 17 ml!!

Right side: 68 mil

I'm not in any pain anymore. I can see see redness at the drainage tube exit site, up to the armpit area -- but I definitely feel things are getting better fast.

I see Dr. Harrington tomorrow at 2pm. I think the left tube will be going out!





And, by the way, I can type again.

4 comments:

lepeintre said...

Delighted to see that you are getting much better.
Do not worry for the taste, it will come back as soon as you stop antibiotherapy.
jerome

Unknown said...

So are those pictures what you are going to look like? What you want to look like? They are very erotic. I might want to kiss you. :)

Suzy said...

Hi Jerome!

I find jet lag does something similar to me. I lose all sense of taste and appetite. I think it's worse coming back here, probably be the food is so damn good over there!

Do you even get jet lag?

Suzy

Suzy said...

Hi Kayles --

OK dear younger sister -- except for a few scars -- I already LOOK like that! So kiss me girlie.

Actually, the pictures are of Annie Lennox from Eurythmics. In college I had a guy friend who would just go on and on and on about how he wanted to dress me up like Annie Lennox. He wasn't 'interested' in me (He was gay), just into the whole design a look for Suzy thing that so many people get into.

I facebooked another guy from college who hung out with the same crowd. He was fun and flirty (still is!!) and it brought back memories.

hugs,
Suzy