Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beautiful Boobless!

Let's start with the good news -- and then move on to the good news (big smile!)

The pathology results are in and there were no suprises!

Here's the official verdict:


Right Breast

2.7 cm estrogen positive invasive cancer in the right breast
Wide margins (That means the surgeon cut wide around it and there's nothing left on my body)
Medium grade
2 of 18 lymph nodes removed tested positive for the cancer

That's an official stage 2b (almost 2a!) breast cancer. Yeah!!

And now it's gone!

And guess what? Here's more good news -- I look really good with a flat chest. I look taller, younger and slimmer. I could pass for a professional triathlete (uh, with my clothes ON and standing still (LOL))

I have lots to say, but I get tired and dizzy pretty fast, so these notes are going to be short for a few days. That's fun in a way as well -- I feel dizzy and tired enough to allow myself to be pampered -- and I feel good enough to really enjoy it!!

So now it's just healing from this surgery and then chemo. I'm not sure whether they do radiation for a 2b or not.

p.s. 2250 grams -- That's almost 5 lbs off my chest!

No comments: