Friday, September 5, 2008

Want a boob job? Ask the Breast MRI tech for a referral.

So the tech who is running me through the process of the breast MRI last week? She loves to talk as much as I do. So we're having a good time, chatting it up, telling stories. She finds out I'm not looking to do reconstruction.

"Let me tell you honey, I know a doctor, man, he does WONDERFUL work. His boobs come in here, and bam, they're a mirror of the other boob. You can't tell them apart. Honest to God."

She glances at her own very healthy, vibrant set.

"I'm getting these done again by him in October."

You know, when you think about it, it makes TOTAL sense to go to someone who does breast MRI's to ask about good plastic surgeons.

MRI results?

We found out from Dr. Harrington on Thursday that the MRI actually found a lot of stuff in that nasty right breast. There's a 6cm dense section that looks full of DCIS. There are some small 'nodules' in various places, in addition to the cancer mass and the lymph nodes we already knew about.

So I have this dream the night before visiting Dr. Harrington, that my cancer is actually stage III. In my dream I ask her "So does this mean I have a 50-50 chance?"

"In your case, Suzy, the chances are 40-40."

The story of that dream got Dr. H to laugh out loud.

Even with the nasties found on the MRI, Dr. H still thinks we are probably dealing with a stage 2a or 2b cancer.

No comments: