Thursday, September 4, 2008

Healthy Stuff

The process of dealing with this cancer diagnosis has been really healthy for me and for my family.

Last night, for example, when my daughter whined that she didn't want to talk about what sleeping arrangements would be like after my surgery, I told her she HAD to talk about it. We need to make a decision now, before the surgery, so we can set up the house. It's a family decision and she needs to be a part of it.

She responded really well. She sucked it up and helped us come up with a solution that would work for everyone.

Go Delphine! I'm happy you get a chance to know how strong you are.

Dr. Harrington called and left a positive message about the MRI results. Dr. Anton called just because she cares. She provided me some support for medical decisions I've made.

Penni from HR was wonderful this morning. Tom Nielsen has been great from the beginning.

I've decided to work half-time. I'll teach enough to keep me sane, fulfilled and happy.

So, like, when I'm done with all of this, I'm imagining a film ending, with credits starting to roll. There are so many people I would enter into that list -- and the film, really, has only just begun.

So it's a sappy, sunny, happy day. Not a good one for figuring out truths and commenting on the funny side of breast cancer.

I think I'll go take my boobs for a walk around BCC. It is, after all, their last day on campus.

My pre-op appointment with Dr. Harrington is today at 1:45. I'll let you all know what I learn.

No comments: