Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Emotional Billiards

Great day today, but long and tiring. Came home VERY TIRED after grading, updating my online site, swimming (YEAH!! I can actually SWIM now! I can do a modified front crawl, a full breaststroke, kick with the kick board, backstroke a bit -- but I tire way too easily.), teaching, conferencing and physical therapy to find... Francois and 3-year-old Paul at the front door.

Francois's car quit on him at BCC while he was picking up Paul. So he and Paul walked home. It's a 1 1/2 hour hike. Paul was tired and hungry. Francois was tired and stressed -- about his car and about his daughter, who was supposed to be delivered to us at 4pm.

Feed kid 1, track down and retrieve kid 2, find tow truck, retrieve car, husband now stuck at cardealership, call home for ride, kid 1 constipated on the toilet, order up neighborhood teenager to babysit pooping child, retrieve husband at dealership, walk teenager home, come home to 100 questions and comments from kid 2, snap at kid 2, kid 2 snaps at kid 1, kid 1 cries unconsolably -- probably because the cat isn't around to kick.

And all this while the friggin telephone is ringing OFF THE HOOK. TWELVE FRIGGIN MESSAGES??!!!

PHONE STRIKE!

Yank cord out of wall.

I'm done.

(But did you hear? I can SWIM now! I can move my arm almost all the way up!)

But I don't want to talk about it.

PPPBBBBLLLFFFSSSTTT.

(That's a big raspberry aimed right at you.)

2 comments:

SerenaCW said...

What an awful night. So, I'll skip the phone messages from now on, you don't need to come home and listen to them on top of such craziness. For some reason an answering machine seems to require more immediate response -- or it invokes guilt in a way that emails simply don't. Love you tons, through whatever means necessary... Hang in there,

Serena

Suzy said...

NO! Don't stop leaving messages!!

I was just tired and pouting that night.

Now I can't figure out what to write anymore.

hugs,
Suzy