Saturday, October 18, 2014

Survivor Thrill







Ever since my stormy weekend, I have been feeling strong, beautiful, healthy, hopeful and radiant.  My Afinitor finally arrived and instead of horrible mouth blisters and skin sores, I feel AWESOME.  No bone met pain, no lung cloudiness, no liver tenderness...   My body feels well oiled and supple.  I can't even imagine illness today.

So I have had a hard time writing. 

Because, while feeling this good,  I have been receiving beautiful, loving gifts from friends in the mail -- flowers from a respected and admired colleague, Rebecca Baldwin, a beautiful Japanese tea cup from my 8th grade teacher and world changing social activist Misa Joo, a matching kimono (arriving on the same day by chance!) from my heart-soul-sister-cousin Kerstin Peterson -- and gourmet salts and music and a palm reading kit.

At work my colleagues are nurturing, kind, supportive and attentive. 

So I didn't know how to write about this.     Is it OK to feel so good and get so much positive attention?  It's like every day is my birthday!    Am I feeling guilty?  Survivor's guilt?

No.  Actually, I am not feeling guilty. 

I am feeling THRILLED!  Some week's you all make having cancer really really FUN.

And I've finally decided that that's OK. 

Much love to you all -
Suzy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

loved is the word you're looking for. You are much loved by so many