Friday, October 3, 2008

TMI

I have too much to talk about -- and some of it might be gross.

BUT -- I want to try not typing at all until Monday and see if I can't get this right side to slow down on fluid production.

So you all will have to continue to wait until Tuesday for updates.

But a brief synopsis of this week:

What I learned from tube removal (Tuesday) : I've figured out that I was essentially skinned when they took my breasts off and the skin has healed back in some places and is still, well, kind of just sitting free over juicy juicy in other places. (Don't worry, that left side is, uh, feeling 'attached' now, thank you!!)

What I learned from my physical therapist (Wednesday) : Apparently they scrape your chest muscles pretty good to get as much potentially cancerous breast tissue out as possible. That must be why my chest is looking very skinny while the rest of my body is still, uh, comfortably PLUMP!! :-)

What I learned from my radiologist (Thursday) : Radiation targets the lymphatic pathways in your chest wall and armpit in order to chase down and destroy any cancer cells that might just be stuck there in that lymphatic highway system. (I had been wondering what radiation targeted if the tumors and lymph nodes were gone...now I know!)

Lots of discussion to be had on these topics -- too much to get into now.

I'm off with my family to visit my parents down in Eugene OR.

I'm looking great again -- My chest looks really good!! The scars look like they are going to be tiny.

You know what I love doing? I love getting out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist like a guy and walking around the house like that. It feels, I don't know, so liberating. And powerful.

(I can't wait to answer the door like that!)

Right side fluid stats:

Tuesday: 60 ml
Wednesday: 60 ml
Thursday: 75 ml (I was very active yesterday.)

Let's hear it for NO ARM USE until Monday and a 30 ml total by Tuesday.

1 comment:

Kimarie said...

Suzy,

I hope you have a great trip to visit your folks. I haven't seen them since your wedding. Wow!

I just logged onto facebook for the first time in a month and see this site and all your news. Sounds like your surgery was successful. I'm thinking about you and hoping your recovery continues to go well!

Kimarie