Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Getting too happy and busy to blog!!

I've been slowing down on my blogging because I'm starting to feel free to focus on other things.

I'm starting work again tomorrow! I did a FULL LOAD shopping run! I took the kids to school today and wandered around work saying high and giving out TMI tidbits (like, for example, I can warm my own hands on my chest now that I can't feel anything there! Very useful!)

And with all of this activity, my right drainage tube still stayed below 30 ml. Today that baby is coming OUT!

OK -- here's a VERY funny story. I have this book rep I really like at school. He's been around awhile and knows everybody pretty darn well. So he sees me and he starts talking to me about how hypoallergenic German Shepards are and that he's convinced his wife. He asks me where I think he could find some good dogs.

Hmmmm.... I have a female colleague who is a dog expert. She also has a trim, slim, athletic physique -- and, uh, flatter chest than I used to have...

"You think I'm XXXXX!!" I exclaim.

"Oh!" he stutters, "Oh...I'm so sorry!"

"Oh, no problem. It's the boobs. See? They're gone!"

"Oh, I'm so sorry!"

I never IMAGINED I'd be confused with someone else because of chest size!! How FUNNY!!

I've got a post-op appt with Dr. H today, physical therapy tomorrow and my chemo orientation on Thursday. I need to get some of these facts I'm collecting up here for you all. But gosh, offline life is so FUN right now.

No comments: